Friday 19 October 2012

My Brother Adrian


I come from a big family; I have 5 sisters and 3 brothers. Today I'm going to talk about my brother Adrian or Ady (Adie, AD) as we call him.

Ady is 18 months younger than me. He lives in Paekakariki, a lovely little beach town in New Zealand, with his wife and two teenage children. He's a furniture designer/maker but he spends a lot of time repairing violins and cellos. He's very good at what he does and enjoys doing it. He's also a very good musician. He plays violin and guitar and loves making music in his spare time. His wife is also a musician so they often play together live in Paekakariki and in neighbouring towns. As a child Ady had the nickname Billy Whizz (a British character from a comic) because he was also running off very quickly. My elder sister used to look after him and if they took their eyes off him for more than a second he would disappear in a flash. Ady has a great sense of humour. He’s always making jokes and fooling around and although he has his serious side, he tends to be smiling and laughing most of the time. Although he studied Kung Fu and other martial arts, he has a very gentle nature. He likes to read and one of his favourite activities is going walking. In fact, he and his family often go on walking holidays, which are very popular in New Zealand. I have a great relationship with Ady and we speak to each other every month. It’s great that we had Skype and internet because it’s easier and cheaper to keep in touch. I love visiting Ady because he lives in a beautiful place and has a beautiful family.

 

Write about someone in your family.

 Say:

Who it is,

Where they live,

What they do,

How often you see them,

What sort of relationship you have with them.

 

Mention anything else you thing is important. Write 250 words. Leave a comment on your teacher’s blog and on the blogs of a least 3 classmates.

11 comments:

  1. Me too come from a big family, in fact we are 5 sisters and 3 brothers too !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a lot of brothers....in fact i only have 1 sister -older than me- and 2 half-sisters -youngers-.
    But with my older sister have a great relation, always talking and laughing each other. We really love each other.
    After all ... Brothers and Sister...are the best friends. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the violin!!! is my dream play Violin Some day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really have a very nice family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My father has a big family, like yours... and fot that I have a lot of cousins!
    But, they are in Santiago, I wish they live in other country, but no, they don't xD
    and for your bother, he sees a very good person and funny

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love big families, I have just two brothers but i have a lot of uncles aunts and cousins, and I see they very often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. a big family! my mom have four brothers and four sisters! the big family are sooooo enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. big families are the best!!. I come from a big family too and we are very close between us, we help us and we had a very good time when met us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to have a family so big like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a bog family, I only have one brother, and is enough hahahaah :)

    ReplyDelete